Google has updated its pagerank after a time span of 3 months. The much hyped ranking algorithm once back in few years is not wondered upon in its new update which ran on 8th October 2011. Google PR update had lost its importance back in 2009 according to some webmasters which think its just the backlinks which affect and determine the pagerank , although no one has been able to judge the google pr update algorithm and criterion in the right way.
With news coming that Google Pagerank may soon die, many of the webmasters and even companies thought pagerank as a degraded factor. But proving it to be wrong, Google has come up with yet another pagerank update and being harsh this time. Syncers moved from PR 0 to PR 1.
Let’s get to some points which can increase the pagerank of a website :
- Unique and researched content. Write valuable content, avoid copied content and express what’s on your mind.
- Backlinks ,Build as many backlinks as you can and your pagerank will rise with the number of backlinks.
- Directories can help you jump the pagerank. So, directory submission would be a great weapon.
- Rest on your brains..!! Get unique , go for unique promotion and pagerank will follow you.
What’s Tweaky About Google PR Update?
Many of you would be shocked on the fact that Google’s Pagerank is in no way related to Search Engine Ranking of a website on Google. That means, even if your website’s pagerank is 6 or higher it does not affect the search engine ranking. It doesn’t give your website any bump up, the only reason many webmasters think Google Pagerank is useless. I have seen PR 5 websites with just 20-30 pageviews daily. The offers available to buy PR5 , PR6, PR7 domain names with no content is due to this factor. Backlinks is what Pagerank mostly wants to bump up. So, I find this thing a li’l cheeky and tweaky about Google PR Update and thought to share it with you. The next point is what matters, don’t miss it out.
How does Google PR Update matter?
The answer would have been way long had it been asked in 2009 but today in late 2011′s here is what all it benefits :
- Some advertisers still take Google Pagerank as a criteria to judge website. So, it can help give your website some advertising.
- Pageranked websites sell early. Yes, I checked some stats on Flippa and noticed High Google Pagerank websites go off early.
- To keep you . When one gets a high Pagerank, it comes as an inspiration.
So, Google Pagerank has become a spicy topic . With loads of speculations from Google Pagerank, it has mixed reactions from a wide internet audience. All I do is watch my Pagerank and get happy that my blog atleast jumped a step of a ladder. This most probably was the last google pr update of 2011 and we expect to see another pagerank update in next 2-4 months. Till then, Google Keep Working and Ranking.