The Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi announced Aadhaar Based Payment Mobile App called BHIM App this week. The move comes to encourage digital transactions and ensure smooth transactions post the demonetization announcement 2 months ago.
The Bharat Interface for Money(BHIM) application is a rebranded version of UPI (Unified Payment Interface) and USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) launched earlier by the government. The application lets users to connect their bank account with their Aadhar card and mobile number and makes digital transactions swift with your fingerprint/pin to send and receive money.
How to download BHIM app on mobile phones?
Download BHIM app for android from here
Download BHIM app for iOS from here (to be updated once released)
The BHIM app for iOS is under development and will be released in the next 10 days, NITI Ayog claims. Once out, we’ll update the download link of BHIM iOS application.
- Once you have downloaded BHIM application, install it.
- Now, register your bank account and set a UPI PIN for the bank account. Make sure you remember this pin and avoid regular PINs like 1234
- You can now send and receive payments using BHIM application via your mobile number.
- The application can also be accessed using USSD from any mobile phones including the feature phones.
How to Use BHIM app using USSD?
Just dial *99# from your phone and you will be able to transfer payments and access BHIM application on your phone even without internet access. This seems to be a good move for the majority of the rural audience who own a feature phone and have no access to the internet.
Checkout: How to Activate Jio Sim Card
BHIM Application Reviews
It’s difficult to judge the application based on the reviews as Syncers spotted a lot of fake reviews on the Play Store.
Quick Facts about BHIM application
- It requires Android 4.1 and up to run
- It has been developed by National Payment Corporate of India (NPCI) and is out only for android platform as of now
- BHIM application has a transaction limit of Rs.10,000 per transaction at one time and Rs 20,000 within 24 hours, which is a major drawback
- The application has passed 3 million downloads, 3 days from its launch and is one of the top downloaded applications in India on Google Play Store.
- The average rating of the application is 4.1
Checkout: Lenovo K6 Power Launched in India
We’ve downloaded BHIM application and will soon be adding BHIM app review of our hands-on experience. How did you find the latest application by the government of India? Do you think the application will be able to stand aloof in front of private players like PayTM, FreeCharge and Mobikwik?