The new facebook layout of Facebook Timeline has given people a rock and roll layout to play with. But there certainly an audience prevails who didn’t like the new facebook layout of the Facebook Timeline. Although Facebook has already told that the timeline would be brought to all facebook accounts and no one can switch back to old accounts, developers have made it possible to get the old facebook back with the help of few quick plugins.
Steps to Disable Facebook Timeline on Mozilla Firefox
- Install User Agent Switch add on the firefox browser .
- You can install it from : User Agent Switcher
- Now restart the Firefox browser and click on the User Agent Switcher and choose Internet explorer > Internet Explorer 7 from the drop down menu.
Just refresh the page and go to your facebook profile. The Facebook timeline would have vanished and you would get the old facebook back.
Must Check : 10 Impressive Facebook Timeline Design Covers
Steps to Disable Facebook Timeline on Google Chrome
- Make a right click on the Google Chrome browser icon and click on properties from drop down .
- Go to the shortcut tab in the properties.
- Now edit Target box and add the following code after chrome.exe according to the Windows (operating system) you use.
Windows 7 users : –user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)”
Windows XP users : –user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)”
- Apply it and go for the Ok button.
You have successfully disabled timeline and will get the old facebook back. Enjoy the classic look of Facebook.
Recommended : Facebook Timeline Goes Viral on Mobile
Logic Behind the Above Steps :
Facebook timeline has been rolled over to Facebook profile worldwide but facebook timeline is not compatible with Internet Explorer. User agent Switcher extension commands Firefox to use it as a Internet Explorer and hence, you get the old facebook back. (See the old profile layout of facebook)
PS: Some of the components of Facebook might not work properly as some features of Facebook are not compatible with Internet Explorer. I recommend you to adopt timeline (yes, the new facebook layout) and enjoy placing with facebook timeline design covers.